20 Jul 2018

Happy visit to Huyton with Roby CE Primary School

On Thursday 19th July the school was visited by a number of people who talked
to the children about their particular occupation.  I was pleased to be invited to talk
about my Nanna Strawberry Books.  Firstly at school Assembly in the Junior
Hall, with 'Nanna Strawberry Remembers The Young Queen.'.and I thank Mrs Duffy for
 leading the role play about the Queen's accession on Friday 6th February 1952 and all
the children for taking part so well, even singing the National Anthem without music.
Well done.  The class visits took part throughout the day, my thanks to Dillon and his
classmate for helping to take me from class to class on time.  The children in each class
were a delight, full of life, some contributing their own amusing experiences, others
asking intelligent questions, special interest in my name 'Nanna Strawberry' which was
bestowed on my by my great grand-daughter, Sophie, when she was two and could not
say my name Audrey. Described in book 1 'The Magical Naming of Nanna Strawberry'.
 After school, several children came to the Junior Hall with a parent to buy one of my books.
 Thank you staff and children for a lovely, challenging day, and to those who bought books.

I am not taking part in class visits today, Friday, 20th,but thank Mrs Duffy for inviting me to
return 3pm to sell books after school. I was happy to have some happy customers.

My very best wishes to all School Leavers who today celebrated their pending move to the
 next phase in their school lives, for further education. 

Nanna Strawberry

NB: Nanna Strawberry Stories can be bought at World Museum and Walker Art Gallery
in Liverpool, Broadhurst Books in Southport, Sleepy Elephant in Sedbergh, and from
Amazon. Also from the author at sales and book signings as listed.
or  nannastrawberrystories@gmail.com
£3.99 (plus postage where applicable).

No comments:

Post a Comment