8 Jul 2017

Self publishing process

When I reached the decision to self-publish all my stories, including the first one without which the remainder would not be complete, I had to start from scratch. It had been my longheld hope to see my full sequence of Nanna Strawberry books in print. . Who knows, they may attract the attention of a children'a book publisher and take a different direction in the future? My first essentials were to identify a designer who would prepare the books for printing and an illustrator who could empathise with the broad range and variety of my twelve anecdotal stories and bring them to life in the eyes of a child.   Book size and style also had to be determined.. Then I would need a printer. The Writer's Year Book recommended finding one who did POD.. I studied the requirements for e-books and sales of printed books and downloaded the ISBN application forms in preparation for completion when I had all the applicable information at hand. I was ready to begin !




No comments:

Post a Comment