12 May 2018

PLANT CAKE & BO0k SALE @ PAGE MOSS BAPTIST CHURCH

Sincere  thanks to  Carole and her team for accepting my last minute application
for a table at their Fayre today to display my series of Nanna Strawberry Stories.
I greatly appreciated this and Carole's enthusiastic promotion of "the new children's
author we have with us today". It certainly drew attention to my books and boosted sales.
I really enjoyed taking part. also my bacon bap  and the frequent cups of tea bought
 and delivered to me at welcome intervals. Also the friendly chats. I do hope the young
recipients of books purchased by parents and grandparents enjoyed their gifts later in the day.
Also that Page Moss Baptist Church and Christian Aid .both benefitted from the dedicated
efforts of all the hardworking volunteers who helped run the enjoyable event and their
supportive customers.

This church has always been an active part of the local community throughout my life,
 with happy memories of their BB Band parading along local streets playing their stirring music,
 until the M62 and heavy traffic prevented the parades from continuing.Combined with the beat
 of drums and sound of bugles from Court Hey Methodist Church Boys Brigade too, from their
 original church which was demolished for the M62..Sundays were often very musical throughout
 the whole area. Both gave musical support to local events too, such as Malvern School Fete by
 its PTA  and Bowring Park Galas organised by ' Friends of Bowring Park'.Wonderful memories !
Roby 1st BB were very activie too at St Barts. Including the large family of Asbridge brothers
and not forgetting the Girls Brigades too !
 .
Nanna Strawberry

No comments:

Post a Comment