24 May 2018

BOOK SIGNING AT 'SMATTS DUO' SEDBERGH 26 MAY

This coincides with the monthly SEDBERGH STREET MARKET which is held along
Main Street, a great selection of stalls. Great refreshments at SMATTS DUO and other
venues. Well worth a visit and the weather forecasts are promising. Nanna Strawberry

Update: I had a most enjoyable two day book sale and signing at SMATTS DUO, as above,
being invited to return on the Bank Holiday Monday. Met several lovely children. One little girl
told me she had sent a 90th birthday card to Her Majesty The Queen.  I suggested she recorded
 this special event on the blank pages which I include in each book for adding personal notes.
A lady who came from Wallasey bought book 1 as a gift to her local 'Messy Church', and a
South Lakes radio presenter shared lovely memories of Sir Ken Dodd who he had interviewed.
Sir Ken's lifelong home at Knotty Ash is near my Liverpool home and he was the first Patron of
Alder Hey Children's Kidney Fund which I founded 1968 and which celebrates its 50th birthday
this year.  Many thanks to Sue and Matt at DUO for their friendly hospitality to me and my books.
Nanna Strawberry.

No comments:

Post a Comment